Chicken and Vegetable Alfredo Lasagna
Prep Time: 1 hour Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons of butter OR 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of thinly diced carrots
- 2 cups of chopped portabella or crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups of chopped zucchini
- 2 shallot bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch pieces OR 1 package of raw Italian chicken sausage, casing removed
- 1 half pint of heavy cream
- 1-2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of shaved or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 tablespoon of Better Than Bouillon chicken base
- 9 lasagna noodles
- Salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Start boiling a large pot of water for lasagna noodles
- Warm up pan on medium low heat, add butter and oil & allow butter to melt and coat the pan
- Add all vegetables except garlic and sun dried tomatoes, season to taste, and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables begin to soften. Move veggies to one side of the pan.
- Add chicken to the empty side (season to taste if using chicken breasts) and get the outsides cooked then mix together with the veggies
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for another 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are almost completely soft
- Get the lasagna noodles into boiling water and cook noodles until slightly undercooked
- Add cream, milk, and bouillon to the chicken and veggies
- Increase heat to medium or medium high and reduce liquid, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until sauce has a more creamy consistency. The reduction and the starch from the veggies will cause the sauce to thicken slightly. Season sauce with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Once noodles are done, arrange them in either strainer or pot so they won’t stick to each other or rip too much. Adding a little oil to the noodles is a good method.
- Layer a 9X9 inch baking sheet as follows: Sauce mix, noodles (cutting noodles to fit pan size), sauce mix, sprinkle of sun dried tomatoes, light sprinkle of cheese. Noodles, sauce mix, sprinkle of sun dried tomatoes, sprinkle of cheese. Noodles, sauce mix, light sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until top begins to brown slightly
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before cutting and serving